Entries have now closed and finalists have been announced. To view a list of the finalists, click here.
The Newspaper Works is excited to announce the new 2014 Newspaper of the Year Awards. With a sharp focus on industry diversity and readership levels, categories will no longer be segmented by circulation (copy sales) but readership, as defined by emma and The Newspaper Works for members around the Asia-Pacific. These segmentations will be:
- National/Metropolitan/Standalone Digital /Company (multi-title)
Categories have also been overhauled with new and refined areas in Print and Digital including Weekend Paper of the Year as well as a new category honouring the Young Rural Journalist of the Year. In an industry steeped in so much tradition, change is never easy . . . but it is essential.
Presentation Evening – Gala Dinner: Thursday, August 21, 2014 (Ivy Ballroom, Sydney)
Don’t miss out on your ticket to the Newspaper of the Year Awards Gala Dinner, register here now!
Categories & Criteria
Please find listed below the Newspaper of the Year categories and sub-categories.
1. Print – Categories and criteria booklet
Newspaper of the Year – DAILY
Newspaper of the Year – NON-DAILY
Newspaper of the Year – WEEKEND
2. Digital – Categories and criteria booklet
News Site of the Year
Mobile Site of App of the Year
Niche / Specialty App or Microsite of the Year
Digital Publishing Innovation
3. Photography of the Year – Categories and criteria booklet
Features & Lifestyle
4. Hegarty Prize – Categories and criteria booklet
5. Technical Excellence for Print & Production – Categories and criteria booklet
6. Innovation: Pre-Production or Technology – Categories and criteria booklet
7. Environment – Categories and criteria booklet
Unsure of your segment/region?
If you are unsure of where your masthead falls according to the new segmentation, please view Segmentation by Title. If you are unable to find your title/masthead please call us on +61 2 9692 6300.
The cost breakdown for the 2014 Newspaper of the Year Awards will be as follows:
National/Metropolitan/Standalone Digital/Company (multi-title) $175