New ad opportunities on upgraded news.com.au m.site

News Corp Australia has launched a new mobile version of its flagship online site news.com.au, featuring a new design, implementation of continuous scroll and enhanced advertising opportunities.

The re-design comes after six months of user testing and the application of user experience principles.

News.com.au general manager Julian Delany said the updated site offered a superior experience for mobile readers.

Mr Delany said news.com.au had the largest mobile audience of all news sites in Australia and its growth outpaced the mobile market over the last year. “We also have the most engaged mobile news audience, with 67.7 million pages consumed in May alone,” he said.

“For our advertising clients, we have extended the full suite of content-led, integrated solutions available on the desktop site to the m.site. This will allow clients to engage news.com.au consumers solely on our m.site or across both mobile and desktop.”

News.com.au has performed strongly in the mobile space, with the site experiencing 112 per cent mobile growth year-on-year, according to Nielsen data, with 40 per cent of unique viewers accessing its content via a mobile device. News.com.au was overtaken by smh.com.au in the most recent Nielsen online readership results, after being the most popular online news site for most of the year.

The new m.site was launched on June 21 and launch client Vodafone purchased all inventory in a site buyout, the first time that had been offered to a single advertiser for the m. site.

For more news from The Newspaper Works, click here.

Leave a comment