Brand: Seven Seas JointCare & JointAge Calculator
Media: National Newspapers
Audience: Adults 45+
Media Spend: Newspapers £0.6m
Marketing Objective: Attract new users to the joint care supplements category and build Seven Seas joint health credentials. At the same time strengthen loyalty among users.
Role of newspapers
Newspapers are the perfect environment for healthcare brands, as they provide a large, highly engaged and responsive audience who spend heavily on healthcare brands. Newspapers build brand equity and deliver sales uplifts.
- In the 12 weeks during and post campaign newspaper readers spent double the amount on Seven Seas products than non-readers
- The newspaper advertising drove web traffic, visits to the Seven Seas’ website increased by 30% during the campaign
- Newspaper campaign increased brand commitment (purchase intent) – rising by 9% points among recognisers. This built on the 2009 campaign with a 22% point increase from the 2009 pre-wave
- The campaign increased competitive advantage by 16% points compared to the 2009 pre-wave
- Multiple executions made the campaign work harder. Call to action was 22% higher among recognisers who saw two or more ads compared to recognisers of just one execution
- The test campaign consisted of national newspapers running between September and November 2010