Applications have opened for the 2018 Copy School, sponsored by NewsMediaWorks, to be held in Melbourne with another world-class line-up of guest creative tutors. Copy School is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all media channels and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative directors and copywriters, as well as news media executives, to pass on their knowledge and experience. Copy School will be held in Melbourne from Monday 7th to Friday 11th May, and is seeking 20 young copywriters, or any aspiring copywriters, to attend the workshop series. Richards Rose Senior Copywriter, Mark Sharman, will again host some of the industry’s best senior creative talent and a senior newspaper publisher, who will donate their time to be guest tutors at the Melbourne Copy School including:
- John Bevins, Former Copywriter
- Elle Bullen, Creative Director/Partner, SDWM
- Paul Taylor, Executive Creative Director, M&C Saatchi Melbourne
- Sarah McGregor, Creative Director, Cummins & Partners
- Toni Hetherington, National Education Publisher, News Corp Australia
- Doogie Chapman, Freelance Creative Director
- Hilary Badger, Writer & Author, Clemenger BBDO Melbourne
- Chris Taylor, Creative Director, Shabbadu
- Stefanie DiGianvincenzo, Global Creative Director, Cotton On Group
- Mark Sharman, Senior Copywriter, Richards Rose and Copy School Convenor.
Copy School will provide participants with a real world brief that will be presented and critiqued on the final morning of the course. The workshop fee is just $250 per student. Copy School will donate the fully tax deductible fee to Frontyard Youth Services, which is run by Melbourne City Mission. Copy School Melbourne will be held at News Corp’s offices at HWT Tower, 40 City Rd, Southbank.