This event has almost reached full capacity.
Apply now by email, [email protected] or call 0404 000 664.
Copy School Sydney will run from the 6-10th May at the SMH building located in Pyrmont, Sydney.
The 5-half-day course is designed to encourage the best quality copywriting across all channels and engages some of Australia’s leading advertising creative directors and copywriters, as well as news media executives, to pass on their knowledge and experience.
This year’s convenor is Ray Black, the Founder of Copy School and he will host the following guest tutors:
- Jane Caro, Social Commentator, Writer & Lecturer
- Alex Derwin, Executive Creative Director, BMF Australia
- Tim Brown, Creative Partner, Disciple
- Ted Horton, Chief Creative Officer, Big Red, Melbourne
- David Morris, Writer
- Ralph Van Dijk, Founder and Executive Creative Director, Eardrum
- Alexandra Smith, State Political Editor, The Sydney Morning Herald
- Mike Burdick, Executive Creative Director, 303 MullenLowe
- Mark Sharman, Senior Writer, Richards Rose
Copy School will provide participants with a real world brief that will be presented and critiqued on the final morning of the course.
Copy School will donate the fully tax deductible registration fee to The Salvation Army in Sydney.
“Copy School has become synonymous with unearthing some seriously good new talent for the creative industry. The core focus of Copy School on how to create great, effective advertising for brands from of the best in the business attracts a range of students from junior writers at agencies to marketers themselves. Anyone who graduates from Copy School is privileged to have harvested gold dust from Australia’s best writers who give their time and knowledge freely. I’d like to sincerely thank our guest tutors for their generous commitment to Copy School.”
– NewsMediaWorks CEO, Peter Miller