– ENTER NOW –
An important evolution in the awards criteria, that reflects audience engagement across print and digital, is a new emphasis on platform agnostic news brands. And for the first time, relevant categories are open to advertising creative developed either in-house by advertisers, by publishers, or by a third party, such as an agency.
The awards recognise excellence in cross platform news publishing in Australia, New Zealand and the Asia Pacific.
NewsMediaWorks CEO, Peter Miller, said: “Our awards have been a highlight on the publishing calendar since their inception some 49 years ago. As the news media sector evolves to embrace new ways of connecting quality, trusted journalism with audiences across platforms, so too must the awards program evolve to remain relevant to the publishers and products it represents.
“Successful news media organisations have always been a collaboration between both content and commercial teams – one cannot survive without the other. To reflect this, we are returning to a combined awards program to recognise and celebrate these equally important aspects of our sector. We are excited to launch a fresh awards program that continues to recognise excellence in the people, the products, the purpose and performance of news media brands today.”
The new-look 2018 News Media Awards gala dinner will be held on September 14th at the Hilton Sydney, at the conclusion of the annual INFORM News Media Summit. Entries open on March 12th and close on April 27th.
The News Media Awards are sponsored by Media Super, Norske Skog, AAP, DIC and UnLtd.
The 2018 categories will now be:
News Brand Categories
- News Brand of the Year (Daily, Weekend, Regional, Community and Overall winner)
- News Story of the Year
- Best Execution of Print Advertising for a Client
- Best Execution of Digital Advertising for a Client
- Best Execution of Native Advertising for a Client
- Best Execution of Integrated Advertising for a Client
- Best Innovation for an Advertising Client
- Best Trade Marketing Campaign
- Best Consumer Brand Campaign
- Best Subscriber Acquisition Campaign
- Best Community of Social-Purpose Initiative
Product Innovation Categories
- Best Use of Print
- Best Use of Digital
- Best Use of Mobile
- Innovation of the Year
- Portrait, Feature or Lifestyle photography
- Sport Photography
- News Photography
- Photographic Essay
- Best Run of Press
- Print Centre of the Year
Executive Excellence Categories
- Hegarty Scholarship for Best Young Executive (under 35)
- News Media Executive of the Year
For further information about these changes and to review the new categories and criteria, download the document here.