Venues must ensure that gaming does not dominate marketing or promotional activities.
By law, gaming-related advertising must:
- not be indecent or offensive
- be based on fact
- not be false, deceptive or misleading.
Best practice strategies for gambling advertising and promotions
It is best practice for gambling providers to develop and implement strategies to ensure advertising and promotions are delivered responsibly.
Your strategy should ensure that all advertising and promotions:
- do not implicitly or explicitly misrepresent the probabilities of odds, prizes or chances of winning
- do not give the impression that gambling is a reasonable strategy for financial betterment
- is not directed at minors or vulnerable or disadvantaged groups
- have the consent of identified persons (for example prize winners) prior to publishing or causing to be published
- do not promote the consumption of alcohol while gambling
- incorporate responsible gambling messages where possible
- do not include external signs advertising winnings paid
- do not involve any irresponsible trading practices by the gambling provider.