NewsCorp Australia has announced a broad range of new initiatives at its annual Come Together showcase, held over six days in Sydney and Melbourne.
The organisation highlighted to marketers and media buyers the premium advertising environment, trusted assets and ability to target key audiences through multiple media channels.
The theme for this year was “Join the Journey”, with clients treated to a series of immersive presentations that highlighted NewsCorp’s ongoing investment in new opportunities to reach their audiences on both a macro and micro level .
Over 1,000 senior advertising, marketing and media executives were invited to attend and have the chance to connect with the NewsCorp team, including Michael Miller, the organisation’s executive chairman, Damien Eales COO and Lou Barrett (managing director, national sales).
Michael Miller said the aim of the event was “sharing News Corp Australia’s innovation story and demonstrating how it will help [clients] maximise results.”
“Clients want a trusted, full-service partner to solve their marketing challenges with integrated and creative solutions that balance sales activations and brand building for long-term growth.”
Damien Eales highlighted how NewsCorp’s expanding territory in media and marketing.
“We are so much more than media. We deliver a coherent and integrated ecosystem of assets and solutions that create trust, confidence and generates demand for brands.”
Some of the major announcements at the event include new strategic partnerships for NewsCorp’s audience targeting and campaign activation platform News Connect, and the launch of podcast platform NewsCast, representing a serious investment into the production, marketing and distribution of on-demand audio content.
RELATED: Podcast potential for news media
Overall, 24 new initiatives have been announced as part of Come Together, stretching across the range of news media and entertainment brands under the NewsCorp umbrella. Some highlights include:
- UnrulyEQ+: A revolutionary new data-powered tool, offering unparalleled levels of consumer insights, which combines the depth of proprietary emotional data from video platform Unruly, and the breadth of audience targeting platform, News Connect.
- Code Block: In sport, for the first time, an opportunity to secure category exclusivity across News Corp Publishing for its coverage of a chosen sports code including AFL, NRL, cricket, motorsport and racing. Clients can block News Corp’s coverage of a season or one of the many big sporting events.
- Vogue VIP: As part of Vogue’s Diamond Year celebrations, it will launch a market-first membership program offering subscribers access to exclusive benefits, experiences, offers and content.
- News Connect: An expanded catalogue of News Connect customers, incorporating the key categories of food (Food Connect); travel (Escape Connect); sport (Fan Connect) and communities (Local Connect), and prestige (Prestige Connect).
- News Connect SelfServe: a new self-serve targeted digital booking capability for clients.
- The Escape Marketplace: A new product that will allow consumers to move from inspiration to transaction with travel products on escape.com.au.
- Escape-a-thon: An online travel sale in June 2019 – a massive three-day flash sale of exclusive travel deals, marketed across the entire News Corp network.
- Digital Kitchen: One supercharged digital platform with the most powerful digital food brands – Taste, Delicious, Best Recipes and Kidspot Kitchen – offering category exclusive partnerships and integration of consumer brands.
- Recipe Rebrand: The opportunity for clients to block out the competition by inserting their brands in up to 100,000 recipes across the entire Food network.
- Trusted By… a powerful new short-form video offering from Suddenly Productions which leverages the trust in News Corp’s brands to endorse clients’ brands.
Read more about Come Together and the announcements here.