The types of practices and promotions that are unacceptable are those that:
- may encourage the irresponsible consumption of liquor
- may discourage a patron from monitoring or controlling the patrons consumption of liquor
- are likely to have a special appeal to children (for example, because of the use of designs, names, motifs or characters that are likely to be attractive to children)
- are indecent or offensive
- use emotive descriptions that are likely to encourage irresponsible consumption of liquor
- involve providing free drinks, or providing drinks at discounts, in a way that encourages patrons to consume liquor more rapidly than they would otherwise do
- are prescribed by the Liquor Regulation as an unacceptable practice or promotion.
Download our industry Guiding Principle on advertising alcohol.